Tantric sex is an ancient sexual form deriving from Hinduism. Literally meaning ‘the weaving and expansion of energy’, records say that it has existed for more than 5,000 years. Tantra is all about taking things slowly to heighten intimacy between partners and creates a connection between the body and mind that can produce overwhelming orgasms.
Tantra can be experienced by anyone, so if you are interested in rejuvenating your sex life in a brand new way, read on…
Why should I try it?
Experts believe that if you put increased time and effort into sex, you will reach a higher, more intense form of pleasure. Tantric sex isn’t purely driven by orgasm, which means learning the basics will not take too long to do.
For Tantra to work effectively, you must try and remove your focus from orgasm and instead make foreplay more enjoyable and rewarding until you are both ready to bring the experience to its end. Of course, sometimes this is easier in theory than in practice, so Tantra experts use a variety of methods including meditation, breathing control and massage to delay orgasm.
How to perform Tantra
If you want to try Tantra with your partner, take the following steps to help you on the way to success:
- Turn the lights down low… Shut out the world around you and remain focused on your environment.
- Shake it out! As Tantra involves both mental and physical energy, it is important to energise your whole body. A quick shake of your limbs will help to awaken sleepy muscles.
- Make the bed a no-go area. Your brain associates the bed with sleep, which will make you tired and cause you to be less enthusiastic.
- Be surrounded by comfort! Although you do not want to make yourself sleepy, you need to be comfortable for you to increase concentration. Laying on a comfortable rug on the floor facing your partner is a good place to start.
- Be adventurous. Vary your touches – start with light caresses, progressing through to stroking and eventually deeper massaging. The goal is to heighten your partner’s sensitivity slowly yet intensely, essentially so that climaxes build but do not pass the point of no return. If this is done correctly, your session can be prolonged for several hours if desired.
- Breathing is key. Concentrating on your breathing can help to keep unwanted thoughts at bay and helps you to relax. Breathing in sync with your partner can also help to deepen the sexual connection between you.
- Never give up! If you are new to Tantra, you may find that you do not last much longer than you would during a normal lovemaking session. This is normal as our bodies are used to only lasting a short amount of time before climaxing, so do not be disheartened if things come to an end more quickly than you would have liked.
It take some practicing, but if you put your mind to it, eventually you will be able to let go of the main focus point of orgasm, allowing you to take better control over your body and delay your climaxes.
Tips for success
To help Tantra work, it is essential to build the deep connection between you and your partner. Start by standing or sitting opposite one another and look deeply into each other’s eyes, putting your left hand on your partner’s heart. Your partner will then place their hand on top of yours. Then, focus on matching your breathing for around two minutes. Once you have done this, wrap your arms around each other and press your bodies together in a warm embrace. Intimate feelings are promoted through hugs and skin touching.
Another important factor is to make sure that you take things slowly: this includes all kinds of movement, including breathing. Gradually build-up your pleasure: the slower you take things, the more build-up there will be, resulting in stronger orgasms.
One final tip – slow your breathing down once you reach orgasm! Naturally, women breathe faster and clench their stomach muscles as they reach orgasm in a bid to try and bring it on more quickly. If you slow your breathing down, orgasms will come on naturally and be far more intense due to your muscles being relaxed.
So, if you want to strengthen the bond between you and your partner, or you’re just looking for something new to spice up your sex life, tantric sex is the way to go.