How to use the LELO SONA 2
The Sona 2 is a very simple product to use – once you have got it in the right place you just keep it where it is and let it perform its magic.
But trying to use it as a conventional vibrator will not work, so we have created some simple instructions to help you enjoy the product.
Unlock the product and learn the controls
LELO vibrators are all fitted with a travel lock, which will need to be unlocked before you use the product for the first time.
- Press the + and – buttons together until the light appears.
- Once illuminated, release the buttons immediately or the device will relock.
- Press the + button to turn on
- Increase the speed just keep pressing the + button, to decrease press the – button.
- To cycle through the 11 pulsation patterns, press the middle button until you find one you enjoy.
To lock for travel:
- Press the + and – button until the lights go off. Once locked you will not be able to turn it on without unlocking.
How to use it on your clitoris
- Spread your labia apart a little to free the clitoris.
- Apply a little water based lube to the head or use in the bath for even more intense sensations.
- Use some gentle pressure to place the head of the SONA 2 upon the clitoris, making sure the head of the clitoris is situated comfortably in the hollow opening on the SONA 2 head. Once you have found the correct position, you won’t need to move it again and it will go quieter!
- The + will increase the intensity level and the – will decrease it. There are 12 levels to choose from. The first time you use it, it may come on at a higher level than you feel is comfortable, so decrease the level using the – button before applying to your clitoris.
- Press the middle button for 1-2 seconds to turn the product off after use.
Top tips for an exquisite SONA 2 orgasm
It’s not a vibrator: This product is not a vibrator, it works using pulsating airwaves. It effectively very gently sucks and releases the clitoris. In use this has been better described as a gentle patting sensation – which provides very intense sexual stimulation.
Start low and build up: Do not assume you need to put the product straight onto maximum power for it to work – if you do it will feel more like a vibrator. When you first turn it on, you may wish to turn it down. We recommend starting at the lower levels and build up. Most people orgasm using levels around 4 to 6, but start at the first level and build up. There are several pulsation patterns to choose from too. When you next use the product it will come on at whatever level you left it on.
Find the Right Place and keep it there!: Unlike a vibrator, you need to find the right position for the SONA 2 and keep it there – rubbing it against your clitoris will not cause the stimulation and does not allow the seal to form around your clitoris which is essential for the product to work.
Use a lube – or have a bath: Applying some water based lubricant to the head of the SONA 2 will help create a good seal around your clitoris – using the product in the bath will have the same effect – and will create an even more intense pulsation.